Hi, this is Natalia, creator of Showtime's "Polyamory: Married & Dating"
Nat
2012-10-02 18:28:08 UTC
Hello community,

This is Natalia, creator/director of Showtime's Polyamory: Married & Dating. Thank you all for your amazing support with the show, it means the world to me.

I'm reaching out in hopes of speaking with poly families interested in possibly sharing their story with me. I'm looking for polyamorous families that are charismatic, healthy, active; can be unmarried but practicing poly (don't all have to live together); bisexuality is welcome in both male and female partners; and are open to sharing all aspects of their love lives. Between the ages of 25-50 would be ideal.Families in Canada are welcome as well.

As I think you have seen, I am a person of integrity and my intent is to portray polyamorists as loving, mature adults who are capable of carrying on multiple loving relationships in a world that has programmed us for monogamy. I've had so many people reach out to me, mono people struggling in their relationships telling me the show changed their lives for the better. Despite what Dr. Drew said, I believe 100% that Polyamory is a sustainable way of living — and I would like to possibly continue the pro-Polyamory conversation in the mainstream.

If you are interested in speaking with me, I would love to hear from you so email me! I think it would help if you've seen the series to get a sense of what is expected. Also, if possible, i would greatly appreciate a picture along with your email so I can keep track of who's who...Thanks again, much love to everyone, I look forward to speaking with some of you! xo
Todd Michel McComb
2012-10-02 18:32:07 UTC
Post by Nat
I think it would help if you've seen the series to get a sense of
what is expected.
I haven't, since it's on pay TV, but from what I've heard, it's quite
trashy and oriented toward titillation.
Post by Nat
Also, if possible, i would greatly appreciate a picture along with
your email so I can keep track of who's who...
"who's white and pretty"

"Reality" TV all the way.
Haley Shoemaker
I've heard good things about the show, but you raise some really good points that I hadn't thought of. If I ever get the chance to see it I'll be keeping that in mind. Tv is always about titillation more than education. What we need is a TED talk or a Nova special!
Chickpea
2012-10-08 10:09:34 UTC
In alt.polyamory, (Haley Shoemaker) wrote in
Post by Haley Shoemaker
'
Post by Nat
Also, if possible, i would greatly appreciate a picture along with
your email so I can keep track of who's who...
"who's white and pretty"
"Reality" TV all the way.
I've heard good things about the show, but you raise some really good points that I hadn't thought of. If I ever get the chance to see it I'll be keeping that in mind. Tv is always about titillation more than education. What we need is a TED talk or a Nova special!
Now *there's* a notion. Poly on TED.
--
Marc

Religion began when the first scoundrel met the first fool. - Voltaire
Phoenix
2012-10-08 17:18:43 UTC
Post by Haley Shoemaker
I've heard good things about the show, but you raise some really good points that I hadn't thought of. If I ever get the chance to see it I'll be keeping that in mind. Tv is always about titillation more than education. What we need is a TED talk or a Nova special!
Now *there's* a notion. Poly on TED.
Oh, I like it! Who can we get to speak?

Deborah
866013149e
2012-10-15 13:37:57 UTC
I've heard good things about the show, but you raise some really good point=
s that I hadn't thought of. If I ever get the chance to see it I'll be keep=
ing that in mind. Tv is always about titillation more than education. What =
we need is a TED talk or a Nova special!
"Television" in elvish is "palantir". We must all take care lest we end
up like Denethor.

umar
r***@gmail.com
2012-11-15 12:29:38 UTC
A beautiful read for those who support polyamory, and those who dont:
http://www.threesomebook.info/
Derby
2018-01-31 14:59:27 UTC
I enjoyed the show Polyamory: Married & Dating. I wish there were more seasons. I am curious about Polyamory.

Thanks
M. Arif
2022-08-26 20:27:02 UTC
Hi! Natalia. My name is M.Arif, living out side the United States. I am living in Karachi, Pakistan. As I do not exist in USA I like to chat only and/or by E-mail communication I all can chat through Facebook too. I am seeking source to explore my Ideas about immigration to USA. I have no wealth but if I got any poly friend that may assist me to come to USA and/to help me to become Overseas Absentee Voter from abroad. I had already an Overseas Absentee Voter from Karachi, Pakistan in Riverside County. California.USA. I had registered in 2008 and I also Voted Absentee from Abroad in Primaries and General Elections too since last 2012 I am not receiving any Ballot. Registrar of Voters requires to submit Voter Identity and/or Social Security. I have nothing to prove. I am seeking Poly Friends who could assist me as Proxy and prepare and Id to Vote from abroad. I have my voting address in 777. North Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, California, Post Code: 92262, U.S.A.

In view of above I hope you may trust me as I have Voter Certificate received from California Vital Records Office. which may be E-mail its Scanned Copy to you.

M. Arif,
Karachi,
Pakistan
Mobile phone No. 0092-335-327-6784